3.30.2008

SPS II

You should be proud of me. Week 2 of SPS. I don't usually do schedules very well, but on a day where I'm typically lounging around not doing much anyway it seems to work for me.

This is UnionCenterKnits Whatnot Sock Yarn in Laura IV. I love this colorway. Anything with these bright greens and pinks or purples is a must have for me; I just can't resist. It's squishy, and has about 450 yds of 75% superwash merino and 25% nylon. I think this may be my next socks as it's been marinating in my stash for a while, and it seems like a perfect spring color. I imagine it'll knit up to look a bit like a spring garden. This was the product of searching through etsy one night. That's a dangerous place over there. I pretty much stay away from etsy these days for that reason. Too much temptation.

Anybody have any pattern ideas for me? Cristi left me a great comment last time about using my sock yarn for Fair Isle. I made the Three Tams from Knitty in January. I did Tam B using Silk Garden and it came out beautifully. I get compliments on it every time I wear it. I think she could be onto something with the Fair Isle. I'll have to think on it some. This I definitely want to be cute socks though, so if you know the perfect pattern please enlighten me.

In other news, I'm still slaving away on Bliss. I promise a picture for you next time. My friend is due April 26th, and this is the blanket that Brie will be wrapped in to come home. There's a whole story; have I told you? I honestly can't remember. Well, I'll check and if not then I'll tell you all about it when I finish it. I've learned to knit and purl backwards for it. I don't know if it's actually going any faster, but at least I don't have to turn the work every 10 stitches.

I also finished a pair of socks that had been languishing for about a year, but again, no pictures. Next week; I promise!

No comments: