4.01.2007

So much to talk about! Ok, let's start with NYC and The Represent tour. It was so much fun. The Harlot was really cool, gallivanting around to 12 yarn stores in 4 days was dizzying, meeting lots of other knitters was fun, and meeting lots of other knittyheads was awesome! I guess the thing that it really did was make me feel like I belong somewhere, and that I'm not some freak who is so boring that I love to play with string and sticks. Well, ok, maybe I am BUT I'm not alone!

That's a whole bunch of knitters (not to mention a great picture of the Harlot's mother-in-law and hubby right there in the front row). See the girl in the pink sweater directly above her m.i.l.? That's my friend. I was sitting right where Joe's head is, and I had a great view of the whole thing.

I was even able to finish the 7x9 square for Warm Up America that they asked us all to knit by the end of the talk. That surprised me as I'm not usually one for fast knitting. Stephanie is so personable, and even though she kept telling us how scared she was she seemed to be right at home.

I did a lot of lys shopping, and got to meet a whole gaggle of knittyheads on Sunday. I forgot to snap a picture when we were all at The Point. There were probably about 15-20 of us. I did manage to remember before we split off for the third time outside of The Yarn Tree. I'm not going to identify people as I didn't get permission to put their picture up, so you'll just have to trust me that they are knittyheads and they are fabulous. See the pink sweater? That's my friend Laura again!

What else? Oh, so I finally finished my socks for the sock swap. I ended up ripping back to the gussett decreases on both socks and modifying the pattern. It really was the best looking option. I sent them overnight and my pal qdgirl tells me that they fit perfectly and she loves them. I was so excited to be done with them and get them in the mail (finally) that I forgot to take pictures. Silly me! I did, however, obtain permission from her partner to post the picture she took.

They're STR lightweight in the Rolling Stone colorway. I used SKS pg 37 with the Crossover Rib pattern. From the cuff to the end of the gussett decreases I used the pattern as specified. After the gussett decreases I started doing every other knit rib in pattern, and alternated the rows, so that it was kind of a checkerboard effect. It gave the foot a nice wavy look, and thinned them out a little bit. They were pretty thick up to that point because of all the yarn used. I'm happy with the way they came out; the pattern showed up well in the yarn, and I didn't have any weird pooling.
I also received my March package from my SP8 Vaarsuvius. My battery in my camera died after some other pictures I took, so I don't have any,but rest assured it's a very nice package with lots of cool stuff. Some Malabrigo, the first two books in the Dark Tower series, some chocolate, some kitty magnetic clips...the list just goes on! My SP really does spoil me.

The pictures I took were for the Flash Your Stash 2007 on knittyboard. It's kind of quick and dirty, but it's my stash! What has this event taught me? That I have an extremely modest stash. I thought it was pretty big. It's nowhere near some of what I've seen, and I've only been through a couple of pages of posts! It makes me feel a little better actually. Hopefully by this time next year the vast majority of what's there will be knit up. We all say that, don't we?

I think that's all I've got for now. I'm working on some magic loop socks, so I'll post some about those when I'm finished.

No comments: