3.11.2007

Ok, so now what? I have at least a good 7-8 rows left, not to mention grafting. I can't believe I ran out of yarn. The secrecy behind the photo is cause these are supposed to be a surprise, and I don't want to give the surprise away. I'm just at a loss as to what to do.

The options that I can think of would be that I can unravel fairly far up the foot and change the pattern. The pattern I'm working takes a lot of yarn. If I modify it then I'll probably have more yarn at the end. My biggest problem with this is that I've already finished the other sock.

I can use other yarn to complete the toe. I have the exact same yarn in another color, but the socks aren't for me. She sent me very lovely socks that didn't have to be modified, or weird in any way, and it's really not fair of me to do any less.

I can order more yarn. Problems with this include dye lot, and everything that comes with that; not to mention shipping challenges.

I can't believe it.

1 comment:

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Reading your blog makes me pine for Southwestern VA! I can't wait to meet you at Stephanie's Kick-off party in NYC!!
=:8